The Manage Alerts user page shows a list of all the alerts that you own or follow, or for which you are listed as a recipient, depending on your alerts permissions:
|Permissions||Alerts Displayed on the Manage Alerts User Page|
||Users can see the alerts that they have created or followed, or for which they are listed as a recipient.|
||Users can see the alerts they have created.|
||Users can see the alerts that they have followed or for which they are listed as a recipient.|
Accessing the Manage Alerts Page
If your Looker admin has not given you alerts permissions, you will not be able to access this page from the user menu.
To reach the Manage Alerts user page, click your user profile picture or icon and choose Alerts:
The Manage Alerts user page provides information about all the alerts that you have created (and not deleted), that you have chosen to follow, or for which you are listed as a recipient:
The columns in the Manage Alerts user page table show these settings:
|Alert Name||The title of the alert, which is set when creating or editing the alert. The default alert title indicates which conditions need to be true for the alert to be triggered.|
|Dashboard||The name of and link to the dashboard containing the tile with the alert. Click the link to navigate to the dashboard.|
|Owner||The name of the user who created the alert.|
|Last Ran At||The date and time at which the most recent alert query was run. If the alert query has not yet run, there will be no entry for this alert.|
|Condition Met||A Yes or No that indicates whether or not the alert conditions were met when the alert query was last run. If the alert query has not yet run, there will be no entry for this alert.|
|Schedule||The frequency at which notifications are sent once the alert conditions have been met or exceeded.|
|Status||This column indicates whether the alert is currently active or disabled.
|Following||A button that indicates your following status for the alert. See more about following below.|
Alert Management Options
Next to the alerts you own is a three-dot menu with the following options:
- Disable (if the alert is currently enabled)
- Enable (if the alert is currently disabled)
Click Edit Alert to open the alert pop-up where you can modify the alert’s settings. Click Save Alert or Cancel to close the alert pop-up.
The Following column shows clickable Unfollow and Follow buttons and unclickable Follow buttons:
- If you are following an alert, you will see an Unfollow button. If you click Unfollow, you will stop receiving notifications when these alerts are triggered. After you click Unfollow:
- If you own the alert, you will see a Follow button in this column.
- If you do not own the alert, this alert will be removed from the Manage Alerts user page once you refresh your browser.
- If you were listed as a recipient for an alert’s notifications but did not follow the alert from the alert view pop-up, you will see an unclickable Follow button. To unfollow the alert, you must unsubscribe directly from your alert notification.