This documentation page is about delivering content from legacy dashboards, Looks, and Explores. For information about scheduling dashboards, visit the Scheduling and sending dashboards documentation page.
Looker provides several ways to share content from dashboards, data tables or visualizations from a Look, or Explore queries to the applications and services that are already a part of your workflow. With Looker’s scheduling capability, you can send instant, one-time content deliveries or periodic, recurring content deliveries — also called “schedules” — to one of Looker’s native delivery destinations or to a third-party service that is integrated with Looker. Native delivery destinations include email, webhook, an Amazon S3 bucket, and an SFTP server.
Looker admins and developers play critical roles in configuring schedules so that all Looker users can deliver content. See the links below for documentation that is relevant to each of these roles and to all Looker users.
Delivery documentation for Looker admins
- Enabling user access to Looker’s content delivery capabilities
- Managing users’ deliveries using the Schedules page in the Alerts & Schedules section of the Admin panel
- Viewing the recent history of the Scheduler’s activity from the Schedule History page in the Alerts & Schedules section of the Admin panel
- Enabling the third-party services that are integrated with Looker through the Looker Action Hub
Delivery documentation for Looker developers
- Tagging LookML fields to enable deliveries to some integrated services
- Configuring datagroups that can be used to trigger a content delivery
Delivery documentation for all Looker users
- Delivering legacy dashboards
- Delivering dashboards that use the new dashboard experience
- Delivering Looks and Explores
- Scheduling deliveries to the Slack integration
- Viewing deliveries that you have created
Each type of Looker content has unique delivery options, which are summarized in the table below. Click each link to access the relevant documentation for that delivery option.
|Content||Delivery Options||Destination Options||Format Options|
|Explore||One-time||Data Table, Visualization, CSV, XLSX, JSON, Text, HTML|
|Look||One-time, Recurring||Data Table, Visualization, CSV, XLSX, JSON, Text, HTML|
|Legacy dashboard||One-time, Recurring||PDF, Visualization, CSV ZIP file|
|Dashboard||One-time, Recurring||PDF, Visualization, CSV ZIP file|