If you have the appropriate user permissions, you can “follow” an alert so that you receive an email notification when its conditions are triggered. You automatically follow any email alert on which you are listed as a recipient.
To follow another user’s alert, click the alert bell icon to open the list of alerts, and click the Follow button next to the alert you want to receive a notification for.
Some alerts cannot be followed, including:
- Alerts marked Private by their creators
- Alerts that have settings that cannot be exposed for security reasons
- Alerts to the Slack or Slack Attachment (API Token) integrations
To unfollow an alert and stop receiving notifications when the alert is triggered, click the Unfollow button next to the alert in the alert view window. You can also unsubscribe directly from the alert notification by clicking Unfollow this alert at the bottom of your alert email.
If you unfollow an email alert, you’ll be removed from its recipient list. You can still view the alert from the list of alerts on a tile; or, if you created the alert, you can view its information on the Manage Alerts user page.
For security reasons, some types of alerts are known as “unfollowable,” which means that they cannot be viewed or followed by other users. When you create these alerts, you will not be able to view or set the alert Permissions. An alert is unfollowable if it meets one or more of these conditions:
- The alert is based on any models with database connection strings that contain user attributes.
- The alert is based on an Explore, a Look, a legacy dashboard, a dashboard, or a LookML dashboard that uses filters that are based on user attributes.
- The alert is based on any models with access grants.
Following and Slack alerts
Alerts to the Slack and Slack Attachment (API Token) integrations cannot be followed by default, and the Follow button next to the alert will be disabled. However, users with permissions to create alerts and access to the specific Slack channels in the alert settings can duplicate Slack alerts that are marked Public.
Viewing alerts from the Manage Alerts user page
If your Looker admin has enabled the Enhanced Alerts Labs feature, you can view additional details and history information about alerts you are following that are set on dashboard tiles from the Alert Details page available on the Manage Alerts user page.