If you’ve chosen to manage your own Looker instance, this page provides information about ongoing maintenance. If you’re looking for initial installation steps, check out our On-Premises Installation Steps page.
Select a subtopic to dive in:
- Updating a Looker Instance
Update Looker to stay current with new features and fixes.
- Moving Looker to a New Host
Move Looker from one host to another.
- Configuration Management Tools
View an example Ansible role for a simplified Looker deployment.
- Restoring Backups
Restore Looker to a new host or in a cluster.
- Recommended Java Memory Settings
Allocate the appropriate amount of memory to the Looker application.
- Migrating the Looker Backend Database to MySQL
For larger instances, migrate from Looker’s HyperSQL internal database to a MySQL backend database.