This page explains how to install Looker for a customer-hosted Looker deployment. Looker also offers a hosted option.
Hosting the Looker application is independent of where your data resides; data always remains in-database and is not copied to the Looker instance.
These are the steps you will need to follow:
- Install Looker:
- Add Looker to your server
- Configure Looker startup options
- Configure your SSL certificate for proper HTTPS
- Consider port forwarding for a cleaner URL
- Allow Looker support to access your instance
- Set up Looker monitoring
- Set up Looker backups
- Ensure that Looker can access necessary services
- Install rendering software
- Enable secure database access
- Configure your database for Looker
- Connect Looker to your database
- Configure Looker sign-in options
Once your instance is set up, you’re ready to get started with development.