Presto v0.157 and later versions are currently available and well supported.
Qubole Cluster Presto Settings
The following Presto settings should be configured in the Qubole cluster settings:
In the Admin section of Looker, navigate to the Connections page and click New Connection. Looker displays this page:
Fill out the page as follows:
- Serverless Qubole: Select this box if using Qubol’s serverless platform.
- Cluster Label: The cluster name from the Qubole Control Panel. This field is not visible if Serverless Qubole is selected.
- Database: Enter “hive”.
- API Key: The Looker user’s authentication token. If you have enabled Persistent Derived Tables, enter the PDT user’s authentication token in the PDT Overrides column.
- Persistent Derived Tables: Select this box to enable PDTs.
- Temp Database: If PDTs are enabled, set this to a database/schema where the user has full privileges to create, drop, rename, and alter tables.
For more information about connection settings, see the Connecting Looker to Your Database documentation page.
Attaching to an Alternate Service Endpoint
By default, the Qubole connections are made to
api.qubole.com. Qubole operates some additional endpoints such as
us.qubole.com. If you need to connect to a cluster hosted on an alternate endpoint, you can specify it in the Additional Params field of the Connection Settings screen. Use the parameter
endpoint=url_of_alternate_endpoint to specify it.
Looker’s ability to provide some features depends on whether the database dialect can support them.
In the current Looker release, Qubole Presto v0.157+ supports the following Looker features:
After you have connected your database to Looker, you’re ready to configure sign-in options for your users.