Dremio support was added in Looker 5.10. Looker’s current dialect testing runs against Dremio version 1.4.9 Enterprise Edition.
Configuring the connection
In the Admin section of Looker, select Connections, and then select New Connection. Fill out the connection details (see the Connecting Looker to your database documentation page for more information):
- Name: Assign a unique name to the connection. The name is how LookML refers to this connection.
- Dialect: Select Dremio.
- Host: Enter the IP address or host name of the server where Dremio is running.
- Port: The default port is
- Database: The default value is
- Username: Enter the username Looker uses to access Dremio.
- Password: Enter the password associated with the username above.
Use the default values in all the other fields or leave them blank.
Click Test These Settings to verify a connection.
Looker will run
SELECT 1 FROM (VALUES(1))to verify a basic connection and query test. It will not validate that the user can access any of the Dremio sources or underlying tables.
Click Update Connection to save these settings.
After your connection setup is complete, create a project from the LookML menu to begin the data modeling step.
Connect your web browser to
dremio_host:9047 on the server. From the SQL Editor, run
SELECT 1 FROM (VALUES(1)) to verify that Dremio is installed correctly and that queries are able to execute.
For Looker to support some features, your database dialect must also support them.
In Looker 21.6, Dremio supports the following Looker features:
After you have completed the database connection, configure authentication options.