Preparing for Releases
We occasionally retire features. You can plan for this with the Legacy Features End-of-life Schedule.
In the release notes, you may see some special symbols:
Items marked with a indicate changes to existing functionality that may require your attention as you upgrade, such as features being retired.
Items marked with a indicate a Looker Labs feature that must be enabled by an admin on the Labs page.
Items marked with a indicate changes to system configurations that may impact your ability to run the new release.
Looker 6.2 2018-11-25
Looker 6.2 is currently rolling out. For more information, see this Community topic.
Looker 6.0 2018-10-21
LookML and Development
access_grantparameter. LookML developers can use new LookML parameters to adjust data access at the view, join, Explore, and field levels. Learn more.
durationtype dimension group. Learn more.
- Completely removed the “Allow the
access_filter_fieldsparameter” Legacy Feature. User-attribute-based access filters are now the only method for row-level data security. Learn more.
- Disabled the “Native Derivied Tables Convert Dates and Yesnos to Strings” Legacy Feature. It may be temporarily reenabled on the Legacy Features page if needed to help your transition. Learn more.
Dashboards and Visualizations
- Improved Color Picker. New color palette selection tool in the Visualizations menu. Learn more.
- Enhanced Visualizations. Enhanced Visualizations has moved out of beta and will now be available to all Looker customers. Legacy Visualizations is available as a legacy feature in the Admin panel. Learn more.
- New Markdown Toolbar for dashboard text tile creation. Learn more.
- MongoBI. Looker can now be used with MongoDB using the MongoDB BI connector. PDTs are not supported. Learn more.
- Google BigQuery. Added support for BigQuery instances hosted outside the US and PDTs for clustered tables. Learn more.
General Tweaks & Bug Fixes
Dashboards, Visualizations, and Explore
- Looks are now edited in the page instead of in an additional “edit” modal.
- Custom visualizations are available to all Looker instances in the Labs panel. Learn more.
- Continued improvements to custom visualizations.
- Fixed a bug where reference lines didn’t behave as expected with stacked percentage charts.
- Fixed a bug where log scale y-axes lacked margins.
- Mixed series types now automatically layer for visibility.
- Fixed a bug where stacked charts legend order did not match visualizations.
- Reference lines now compute standard deviations based on population calculations rather than sample ones.
Platform and Administration
- Looker 6.0 requires Java 1.8 update 161+. Learn more.
- Fixed a bug where the time zone picker did not change in embedded Explores.
LookML and Development
- Continued improvements to experimental custom fields.
- Improved error messaging around references to unset user attributes.
Scheduling and Downloading
- Fixed a bug where scheduling an Excel file sometimes produced an error.
- Fixed a bug where text visualizations did not render correctly when sent to email as a