Looker 7 Release Highlights
Final Release and
Final Release and
Marketplace (beta) Labs feature is enabled by default.
- Ensures that users can easily discover relevant and helpful marketplace choices. Learn more.
- Enables Looker users to discover, install, and uninstall content like blocks, applications, and custom visualizations. This initial release of the marketplace is publishing the following:
- Sales Application
- 23 Looker Blocks
- 12 custom visualizations
Introducing bulk edits for files and folders in the IDE as well as improvements to the IDE UI.
- Ability to perform bulk move and delete actions on folders and files.
- Ability to use Shift + click as a shortcut to select a range of folders or files within the IDE sidebar.
- Ability to move a file to a collapsed folder.
- Ability to expand a folder after hovering a file over the folder.
- Ability to Create a View from Table within a folder.
- Ability to collapse the IDE sidebar.
- The classic IDE is still available as a legacy feature called IDE Folders Toggle. View the Legacy Features End-of-Life Schedule.
- Ability to see imported project files natively in the IDE, organized into a folder called imported_projects in the IDE sidebar.
Enhanced PDT Rebuilds
Use the power of the LookML model outside of Looker.
- For every rebuild of a PDT, the given table name will now be unique. This will yield increased stability and faster rebuilds for certain dialects.
- Stable, statically named view tables can now be generated on top of PDTs. A stable database view will only be published for its underlying PDT when that PDT gets rebuilt. By having a static, friendly name, the view table allows you to consistently access a PDT via SQL on the source database. This feature provides users with the ability to hook up other analytics or data science tools to Looker-governed data. Learn more about stable view tables.
System Activity Dashboard Enhancements
System Activity dashboards can be enabled through a beta Looker Labs feature: System Activity Model.
- Improved and reorganized dashboards in a logical and actionable way to provide users with more efficient monitoring of the Looker instance. Learn more about System Activity dashboards.
- Use the Errors and Broken Content dashboard to stay on top of all the things that need your attention for quick remediation.
- Visualize potential performance issues via the new scheduler heatmap and avoid bottlenecks.
- These are the titles of the available dashboards:
- User Activity
- Content Activity
- Performance Audit 1
- Performance Audit 2
- Errors and Broken Content
To provide more context to users viewing boards, the feature now includes descriptions for each section.
Learn more about how boards can help your organization.