The Looker mobile application allows users to perform the following functions from their mobile devices:
- View their favorite and recently viewed content
- Access the boards they follow
- Navigate to content in folders
- View Looks and dashboards
- Share content from their mobile devices
Admins can enable the Looker mobile app for their Looker instance. Enabling the Looker mobile app allows users to sign in to their Looker instance on an Android or iOS device.
Enabling the app
When IP allowlists are enabled, users will be unable to connect to the instance from their service providers’ IP addresses.
Access to the Looker mobile app is enabled for your instance by default. To disable or enable access to the mobile app for your instance:
- Open the Settings page in the General section of the Admin panel.
- In the Feature Configuration section of the General Settings page, choose Enabled or Disabled under Mobile Application Access.
- Select Update to apply your changes.
When the app is enabled for your instance, users can install the app and sign in to your instance on their mobile devices.
If you disable the Mobile Application Access setting for your instance, any existing mobile app sessions will be invalidated.
Considerations for customer-hosted instances
Admins of customer-hosted instances should keep the following requirements in mind when they enable the mobile app for their instance:
- The web server and API endpoints must be publicly accessible or otherwise reachable by the mobile app.
- The API URL must have the same hostname as the instance URL and serve traffic on either port 443 or port 19999.
For more information about troubleshooting the Looker API, see the Looker API troubleshooting documentation page.