Looker is a tool that helps you explore, share, and visualize your company’s data so that you can make better business decisions. This page will help you start learning Looker with our documentation.
login Logging in and personalizing Looker
The following video and pages help you log in to and personalize Looker:
Logging in to Looker
Personalizing Looker — Choose personalization options for your Looker user profile.
fast_forward Quick start pages
These introductory pages help you learn Looker’s various skills:
- Latest features — Read about the new features in Looker’s most recent release.
- Keyboard shortcuts in Looker — See Looker’s keyboard shortcuts.
- Find and organize content — Learn how to find the reports and dashboards that others in your company have already made, and learn how to organize that content.
- Send and share content — Learn how to share the content you’ve found or created, along with how to send content and data to other services.
- Retrieve and chart data — Learn how to pull data out of Looker and turn it into tables and graphs.
- Create and edit dashboards and reports — Learn how to create and edit dashboards and reports in Looker.
- Get ready for development — Learn about setting up and working in Looker’s developer environment.
- Write LookML — Learn how to write LookML, which is Looker’s language for describing your SQL data and the options you want for your users.
- Use the API and embedding — Learn how to embed Looker data in various ways and how to use our API.
- Set up and administer Looker — Learn how to set up Looker for the first time, connect Looker to your database, and use Looker’s system administration functions.