Looker offers the ability to copy a LookML dashboard into a Space as a user-defined dashboard. A user-defined dashboard is edited through the user interface instead of through LookML. The ability to edit the new user-defined dashboard depends on the user’s access settings for the Space. See Building Dashboards for more information.
You can import one or more LookML dashboards into a Space as a user-defined dashboard via the Import button in the LookML Dashboards Space:
- From the Browse menu, select the LookML Dashboards Space.
- Select one or more dashboards to import to user-defined dashboards.
- Click Import.
- In the Import window, navigate to the Space for the new user-defined dashboard(s).
- Click OK.
Individual Import from Spaces
You can also import the dashboard to a Space by selecting the Import option from the dashboard’s three-dot menu in the LookML Dashboards Space:
Individual Import from the Dashboard
Alternatively, you can navigate to the LookML dashboard itself and use the Copy from LookML into a Space option from the dashboard’s gear menu to import the LookML dashboard into a user-defined dashboard.
Select the Space you would like to copy the dashboard into, then select either Copy & View or Copy.
- Copy & View will copy the dashboard into the selected Space and automatically open the new dashboard.
- Copy will copy the dashboard into the selected Space and display a confirmation banner with links to the new dashboard and to the space that contains it. Click the link to the new dashboard to view and edit it.