After learning how to query and chart data, many users want to take the next step and learn how to create and edit their own reports — which we call Looks — and dashboards. This allows them to organize and present information in a logical and cohesive way. This page outlines the documentation on dashboards and reports.
Creating and Editing Saved Reports (Looks)
Saving and Editing Looks — Save the results of your query as a Look to view later or add to dashboards.
Creating and Editing User-Defined Dashboards
The following pages help you create dashboards through the Looker UI:
- Creating User-Defined Dashboards — Creating dashboards and adding dashboard tiles.
- Editing User-Defined Dashboards — Editing dashboards; rearranging, resizing, and editing dashboard tiles; dashboard settings; and deleting dashboards.
- Adding and Editing User-Defined Dashboard Filters — Adding, configuring, editing, and deleting dashboard filters.
- Cross-Filtering Dashboards — Enabling, creating, sharing, drilling on, and removing cross-filters.
- Embedding Dashboards — Embed URLs for dashboards and embed themes for dashboards.
- Legacy Dashboards — A list of documentation describing legacy dashboards.
Creating and Managing LookML Dashboards
The following pages help you build and maintain LookML dashboards:
- Building LookML Dashboards — Create a dashboard and add visualizations to it using LookML.
- LookML Dashboard Overview — View a menu page for all dashboard parameters in LookML.
- Dashboard Element Parameters — View a list of LookML dashboard element types, with links to pages that outline the parameters for each element type.
- Dashboard Reference Line Parameters — View a reference page for all dashboard reference line parameters in LookML.
- Converting from LookML to User-Defined Dashboards — Copy a LookML dashboard into a folder as a user-defined dashboard.
- Converting from User-Defined to LookML Dashboards — Generate LookML for a LookML dashboard using a user-defined dashboard as a source.