After learning how to query and chart data, many users want to take the next step and learn how to create and edit their own reports — which we call Looks — and dashboards. This allows them to organize and present information in a logical and cohesive way. This page outlines the documentation on dashboards and reports.
Creating and Editing Saved Reports (Looks)
Saving and Editing Looks — Save the results of your query as a Look to view later or add to dashboards.
Creating and Editing User-Defined Dashboards
The following pages help you create dashboards through the Looker UI:
- Creating User-Defined Dashboards — Create a dashboard and add visualizations to it using the Looker UI.
- Editing User-Defined Dashboards — Edit a dashboard’s title, settings, and tiles; delete a dashboard.
- Adding Filters to User-Defined Dashboards — Add filters that users can change to limit the data a dashboard displays.
- Looker Filter Expressions — View a list of Looker’s filter expression patterns.
- Dashboards (Beta) — View a list of documentation for dashboards (beta), a new type of Looker dashboard you can use if your Looker admin enables the New Dashboard Experience Labs feature.
Creating and Managing LookML Dashboards
The following pages help you build and maintain LookML dashboards:
- Building LookML Dashboards — Create a dashboard and add visualizations to it using LookML.
- LookML Dashboard Overview — View a menu page for all dashboard parameters in LookML.
- Dashboard Element Parameters — View a list of LookML dashboard element types, with links to pages that outline the parameters for each element type.
- Dashboard Reference Line Parameters — View a reference page for all dashboard reference line parameters in LookML.
- Converting from LookML to User-Defined Dashboards — Copy a LookML dashboard into a folder as a user-defined dashboard.
- Converting from User-Defined to LookML Dashboards — Generate LookML for a LookML dashboard using a user-defined dashboard as a source.