After learning how to query and chart data, many users want to take the next step and learn how to create and edit their own reports — which we call Looks — and dashboards. This allows them to organize and present information in a logical and cohesive way. This page outlines the documentation on dashboards and reports.
Create dashboards and reports
Creating and editing saved reports (Looks)
Saving and editing Looks — Save the results of your query as a Look to view later or add to dashboards.
Creating and editing user-defined dashboards
The following pages help you create dashboards through the Looker UI:
- Creating user-defined dashboards — Creating dashboards and adding dashboard tiles.
- Editing user-defined dashboards — Editing dashboards; rearranging, resizing, and editing dashboard tiles; dashboard settings; and deleting dashboards.
- Adding and editing user-defined dashboard filters — Adding, configuring, editing, and deleting dashboard filters.
- Cross-filtering dashboards — Enabling, creating, sharing, drilling on, and removing cross-filters.
- Embedding dashboards — Embed URLs for dashboards and embed themes for dashboards.
- Legacy dashboards — A list of documentation describing legacy dashboards.
Creating and managing LookML dashboards
The following pages help you build and maintain LookML dashboards:
- Building LookML dashboards — Create a dashboard and add visualizations to it using LookML.
- LookML dashboard overview — View a menu page for all dashboard parameters in LookML.
- Dashboard element parameters — View a list of LookML dashboard element types, with links to pages that outline the parameters for each element type.
- Dashboard reference line parameters — View a reference page for all dashboard reference line parameters in LookML.
- Converting from LookML to user-defined dashboards — Copy a LookML dashboard into a folder as a user-defined dashboard.
- Converting from user-defined to LookML dashboards — Generate LookML for a LookML dashboard using a user-defined dashboard as a source.